We’re currently in London! We arrived last Monday and we’ll stay until tomorrow.
When we were packing for our 4-day adventure we thought that would be interesting to talk you about backpacks – our ultimate favourite travel bag.
- You don’t need to check in the backpack, unless it exceeds the allowed dimensions, so it’s cheaper for you.
- You don’t waste time waiting for it when you arrive.
- You can actually go around the place you’re visiting with your backpack without leaving it in rented lockers – save money and time!
- It makes you choose the essential things and helps you not to overpack.
- Sometimes it can be really heavy and you may experience some back pain.
- Large items cannot fit into it.
How much can you fit in a 20L backpack?
In winter time it’s a little tricky to pack it all. I usually pick a warm jacket and a pair of boots and wear them the day we travel. Here’s a list of thing I (S) actually packed when coming to London:
- Three sweaters;
- A pair of jeans;
- A pair of gloves and a scarf;
- A pyjama;
- A bag of travel sized liquids, other toiletries and a small makeup bag;
- A towel;
- A photograph camera, chargers, and a hair straightener.
I keep my wallet, cellphone and ID cards on my purse (S).
Distribute the weight – heaviest items close to your back;
Have essencial items in accessible places, such as the top of your backpack;
Roll underwear and socks into shoes;
Roll your clothes into cylindrical shapes;
Use re-sealable bags to keep similar items together (cosmetics, accessories, cables).
We encourage you to take a look at our earlier post about How to pack light for a weekend.